ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Wednesday 20 September 2017

THAT AND THIS

I was going title the post This and That Part Two but couldn't be doing with typing "Part Two." Barmy I am.
I think they have found another Combine. The new one is all hydraulic drive and not belts like this one. This one does a wonderful job climbing the sides of the Glen but it seems a little cruel to force such labour upon her at her age.
Sorry about the video but it was 'and held with a big lens on a Cannon 5D. I know how the combine felt. I also tried to edit in Blender but the new edition had too many updates for the time I had to click here and there to work it.
Whilst I was away a wonderful occurrence occurred. I'll show you what is left.


What's left is what is left of a Lawyers Wig; Coprinus comatus. It has been deliquescing for a day or two but is 300mm tall and growing in diesel soaked ground under the big Petter 3 Phase gen set, They are edible when young  but cause hot sweats and a near death experience if one has had a drink or five. Grand in an omelette but definitely not after a night on the bevy. I find the same with Puff Balls, thank heaven the little tinkers only appear in Autumn. 
A couple of snaps of the dogs from last week.
The dogs looking for frogs, yet again.
Taking me for a walk in the Ockles. Not sure how to spell the mountain range that runs from Stirling to the Tay but it sounds like Okuls.
We will wait here as we can't read signposts or arrows....Thick dogs.
A perfect walk and we only got one good soaking for our trouble.

Poetry was the thing on the blogs I follow a week or so ago so here is a Limerick to finish today's effort. I must admit I didn't know of a Haiku. Glad I didn't, they are crap. The Hakka is terrifying. Poetry in motion for them Hakking. Poetry in motions for the recipients. This is a proper poem.

Engineers are all of one mind,
That a Ball-Race is rightly defined,
As the terrible plight
Of a Tom Cat in flight,
With a vet ten paces behind.

Have fun.




12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your video, Adrian. It's always impressive to see farm machinery doing its job.

    I was interested to read about the Lawyers Wig, and didn't realise that it was another name for the Shaggy Ink Cap. Saw some huge Giant Puff Balls this week - I thought it was a flock of swans in a field at first! There were a couple of dozen of them and the bigger ones must have been about half a metre across!

    A very enjoyable post - thank you

    Best wishes - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, I have never seen a Giant Puff Ball growing though I have eaten one fried in bacon fat.

      Delete
  2. Tough terrain for the old gal, but she looked like she was doing fine?
    I guess fungi season is on us once more..time to polish up those ID skills again!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor, she has had a lot of work and time expended on her but she says that retirement to the flat lands would be nice.

      Delete
  3. Love the limerick! Is it your own? The toadstool was interesting. I love fungi. And the tractor is ...well...a tractor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Frances it's much better than I could manage. A thirty year old tractor as well.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the video, always like watching old machinery at work. Your increasing dog family look happy in their work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline we are back to the three of us again.

      Delete
  5. We have an old Leyland tractor that we now give easy jobs too because of its old age. They are still very useful regardless of age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, the problem here is that everything is of a similar age. We don't need big machines but a newish combine with levelling decks and a straw chopper would be nice.

      Delete
  6. So no satellite navigation on that then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, no but plotting these fields for self drive would be a nightmare.

      Delete