ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 15 April 2011

POOLEY BRIDGE BRIDGE (15/04/11)

It’s not nice today, a quick shower first thing and heavy cloud threatening rain. It’s also very close and heavy, real headache weather.

We had a wander down the lake to Pooley Bridge a tourist town through and through. It’s not unattractive but it didn’t just grab me and shake me about.

_4153136_37_38_39_40_tonemapped_edited-1 The bridge over the river Eamont at Pooley Bridge. All images today are tone mapped. I had to do something it’s almost dark.

_4153131_2_3_4_5_tonemapped_edited-1 Saint Paul’s Church……..this was built in the1860’s. I did take a look inside but hand held the image is awful if you fancy a look then look HERE.

_4153126_27_28_29_30_tonemapped_edited-1

_4153121_2_3_4_5_tonemapped_edited-1 The village hall and that’s about it………….three pubs, post office, outdoor clothing shop, gallery and tea room. That about rounds out the village. I am not saying don’t come here, just don’t come specially.

_4153146_47_48_49_50_tonemapped_edited-1  A pleasant stroll home down Ullswater.

_4153141_2_3_4_5_tonemapped_edited-1  That is it for today. I need some better light………….a bad photographer can always blame the light. At least we didn’t get wet.

Have a good weekend whatever you are up to.

13 comments:

  1. Brr... really a dreary day. The bridge is magnificent. Wishing a light-filled day for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks a lovely place Adrian.
    Love the bridge and the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking photos. Best wishes for more sun; if it's not here and it's not there, where did it go? (But it came out today in this part of the world.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots a churches, I mean, church. I love the bridge, stunning photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bridge seems to have a lot of photographic possibilities Adrian.....

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not the most inspiring of places although three pubs and a church and a good strong bridge mean that it must have some merit. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Norma, thanks......It should be better tomorrow.

    Keith, the bridge is okay the other end of the lake is better.

    Lucy, it is a little......matched the day.

    Jolynne, I just about scrapped a post. We are promised a better few days and it was clear at midnight. It has clouded over again now.

    Bob, it is a good bridge. The church is nothing special.

    Trevor, It is difficult to get at it, waders being one option. Wet feet the other.

    Graham, it's like many Lake District villages and towns.............uninspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your choice of words "don't come specially"... maybe I should be using that more on my blog because some think I work for the tourist board and just don't get what I say.
    I love the textures on the last two, particularly the second last one. I don't think I've ever given myself a chance to study the bridge before in my Ullswater emergency exit !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping for more sun for you .... and here, too! At least it wasn't below 0C. What are the temps like? I enjoy looking at old churches, buildings, bridges and water, and your photos look good even if it was a dull day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tone mapping worked well with this set of photos Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent pictures, ...this must be a beautiful place.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jay, ta, it is a rather uninspiring place. The bridge has had the foreground boulder at least doubled in size.

    Glo, the sun is out now but so are ten thousand people so i'm glad I got out early. HDR is a life saver sometimes.

    John, I'm getting there I think.

    Claudia, it is a lovely area, the south end of the lake is better.

    ReplyDelete