ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 6 December 2010

Almost Amazing (06/12/10)

No. I’m not going to quote John Lennon…………..It was; an almost an amazing goal he almost scored; though!

Today is drop dead gorgeous. Freezing overnight but a still clear sunny day. Anything is better than mist, rain or fog. After our first walk I called in at the site reception as they were threatening to boot us off due to the cold weather. No problems we are a hardy lot. Minus twelve last night, no sign of a thaw as I write this at two in the afternoon. It’s dry cold and I can live with it.

We walked across to another nature reserve, you’ll be pleased to hear that there was nothing obvious there so no need to help me out………

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Middlesbrough Cement Works and an old chap like me enjoying a wander on the north bank of the river Tees.

Which is………………………

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  Semi Frozen……………call it solid but not solid enough to walk on.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  These shots were taken looking upstream from the tide Barrage, so fresh water, we walked downstream but there was precious little about.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  A disconsolate Grey heron basking in the sun out of the breeze. No seals today so probably no Salmon. There was a Cormorant fishing so I settled myself down in the snow to wait for it to surface with a fish. I waited for the photograph till my bum, feet and hands were numb………….okay thirty minutes…………but I must have picked a dim Cormorant who enjoyed diving for fun……………Here it is……………

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA      Swimming along………………….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     There’s a fish…………………………..I’ll dive.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    I’ll get it this time ……..see if I don’t…………….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     I’ve caught a whale……………….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     Well I almost did…………….As a consolation prize I’ll pose with sunlight on me.

That’s all for today. Look after yourselves.

5 comments:

  1. I'm always encouraged to see animals play in freezing water. It helps me believe it's possible to be happy even in not-so-optimum conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it's cold when rivers start to freeze over! Herons seem to have a way of looking as though the whole world is resting on their shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with John there; that Heron looks mightily pee'd off. Minus 12? It's a wonder anything can survive in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jolynne, the cormorant is an unusaul bird for a waterbird. It has no oil on it's feathers. If it stops in the water too long it drowns.

    John, it is not flowing too fast here but it is cold. Herons always seem to be thinking deep thoughts.

    Keith, my outside thermometer read -8C but it under reads the site thermometer recorded -12c so I went with that.

    Bob thanks, it was a bit chilly for hanging around.

    ReplyDelete