ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 13 August 2010

A GOOD FAST RUN (12/08/10)

image

image  We enjoyed a trouble free journey from Derbyshire to Devon and are now parked in a farm yard mid way between Totnes and Dartmouth. As is always the case in Devon we had a bit of a squeeze in the narrow lanes but no damage getting in. Hopefully non getting out!

We went for a wander yesterday afternoon and again this morning………very little to show for my endeavours but I did see a wonderful Buzzard perched not twenty yards away, unfortunately so did the dogs. That put paid to a good Buzzard picture……………..They were suitably berated with words as strong as I know…….’You pair of little tinkers!’.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERALooking over the South Hams with what I hope is Dartmouth. The English Channel in the background.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWe are a little further down this lane, it is wider where we are but not much.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     I hope this is Rose Willowherb.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   Wild Angelica.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI don’t know what this is……..There is a strong possibility that I don’t know what the first two are either. Hopefully there is someone out there to help educate an ignoramus.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    I’m not doing very well at all today but will guess at a female Chaffinch.

I got up a couple of times during the night to catch a glimpse of the Perseid meteor shower. No sign of it in Devon, not at the times I looked anyway, a pity as the skies were clear,  a very new moon so no moon, ideal conditions for not seeing shooting stars!

I’m off out again this afternoon so will get no manner of wonderful images. Think positive.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. A part of the country I have never visited Adrian so look forward to all the delights I just know you will seek out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see the meteor shower either. But then I wouldn't have seen a Boeing 747 at 500 feet with the cloud we had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good journey then Adrian. That lane looks interesting. Surely you didn't drive down that?
    I think your plant is a Broad Leaved Dock. But I could be wrong.
    Didn't see the stars either. It rained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, It will have to be archive material as I'm primarily down here on a mission of mercy.

    Gb, a good clear night here, don't know how I missed it.

    Keith, No it narrows just above where I stopped. It is a broad leafed Dock, many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sign of fireworks in my dreams, I was fast asleep. What a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete