ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 9 April 2010

I WISH I WASN’T SO STUPID (09/04/10)

Having finished and posted today's ramblings I got to thinking about this morning’s Toad. I suspect it is a Frog…….’The frog on the Ty………..No, no, no….. I promised.  We went back for another look, it’s not far.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          It’s no hardship either, it’s a very attractive pool. This pool has no frogs or toads but it is much more photogenic than the one next to it that does.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          I put the camera down safely , fastened Molly to a boulder and lifted it out to give you a better look. reached round for the camera and heard a plop, it had shot back into the water and was swimming for all it was worth. A frog then, as I remember from childhood toads don’t move that fast, they just walk.

Scouted around for a few minutes and found these three, one playing gooseberry.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA            This is the gooseberry close up and he walks…..back to toads…………HELP!

Whilst all this was going on Molly started whining. Shut up you don’t like frogs, actually she does and fishes them out of ponds, she doesn’t hurt them but lies watching them. The whines turned to yips, I looked round and there fifty yards away…………….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           A Roe Deer doe, thinking not that wee dog again. I only managed the one shot but after three or four miles tramping wet woodland this morning we found one eventually, well most of one, there’s a bit missing behind the tree.

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing.

9 comments:

  1. Two great posts there Adrian. Glad you got the Deer and Molly was on the lead! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, thanks a good job she was. Are they Frogs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture of the doe.
    No opinion on the frog/toad question ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say they were toads mate.
    Nice shots too.

    And the deer. Well done; and looking straight at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DT, thanks, I will find out, if you pick them up a bit roughly thet don't half stink if they are toads.

    Keith thanks, I'm pretty sure the first one is. I've never seen one hop before they just plod along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adrian. I knew you and Molly would catch up with the roe deer... nice shot...well done.

    Your other one looks very much like a toad.Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian thanks for all that,we will do our best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If they are frogs I've changed my mind about liking frogs and please don't let anyone import them here. Maybe your frogs and toads are different from what I'm used to (there are no toads and very few frogs in NZ but I grew up in
    Queensland with lots of both) but I'd swear they were toads. Got to be one or the other as Aussie ones at least don't live happily together. Great shot of the deer, she is as fascinated with you as you are with her, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pauline, all our reptiles and amphibians are harmless, the adder is poisonous but not very. Aussie ones could no doubt kill a whole football team at twenty yards. Deer are beautiful but very shy, half the fascination is finding them and getting an image.

    ReplyDelete