ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Tuesday 9 March 2010

GOODBYE KESWICK (03/03/10)

It’s time to move on, more than time. There’s nothing wrong with the area, in fact it is undoubtedly beautiful, I just failed to synchronize with it as I should have.

To paraphrase one of the best newspaper headlines ever; Molly and I are… OFF TO PATTERDALE.**

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA            The last view of Derwent Water, and another decidedly chilly morning. I must be getting nesh there’s no ice.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA            This Blackbird was looking non too warm. Made me feel better, if not warmer.

By the time we were packed and ready to roll the sun was out and promising to provide yet another glorious day.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     Skidaw. Totally clear of cloud. Maybe I did concentrate a little too much on the Scots Pine.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     Not quite the Red Arrows but at least we got a fly past from this Autogyro.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     Even the Moorhen was heading towards us, for the first time in a week.

** The headline from the Daily Telegraph  announcing the 1957 Trans Antarctic Expedition read as follows.

‘VIVIAN FUCHS OFF TO ANTARCTICA.’

I was reminded because the other day I posted ‘already’ instead of ‘all ready’. Nice to know I'm in good, if not literate, company. If I carry on like this you are reading Jeffrey Archer’s successor. An editor proof lack of grammar has not dented his popularity.

 

4 comments:

  1. Some more wit and, er, wisdom from you Adrian. I know I'm getting old when I say that The Lake District isn't wot it were in my young days. Mum and Dad use to say that too - only without the fake Lancashire accent (actually neither of them had a Lancashire accent of any sort).

    ReplyDelete
  2. GB, when I read I hate bad writing but when I writ it so easy to wrote it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Adrian - welcome back! That headline is priceless... love it.

    The lake and mountain scene reminds me of the Yukon. There are lots of vistas like that around here. Of course, all of our lakes have 3 feet of ice on them still... ;o)

    I like the Scots Pine shot. That tree is as big as a mountain!!! haha! I love playing with perspective like that, it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krista, The things people write in all sincerity!
    I've always liked pictures like that. Reminds me of holiday snaps. 'And this is Aunt Joan'. All one can see is the Tower of London engulfed in flames behind her!!

    ReplyDelete