ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Friday 1 January 2010

2009 WHERE WE'VE BEEN Part two

A few more catch up pictures from the last five months, I notice they are still a little on the grim side. Sorry, should be bright eyed and bushy tailed again next week.

image

Have left out Decembers pictures as I will do a round up for the month on the next rainy day. That shouldn't be too far away.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    Not New Year but Bonfire Night. In line with my new policy of openness this is a composite image............The camera may lie but I haven't!

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA Dunstanburgh Castle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    Coach and Horses, Marsden.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  Carew Castle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAKingswear Castle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    Par Sands..............Not a castle but China Clay silos. I quite like these though I suspect their days are numbered.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA    Falmouth Bay

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  St. Michael's Mount

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAMy pub of the year, Falmouth.

It's amazing how much baggage I have accumulated. Tuesday we head north, snow and ice permitting. I hope to spend January in the Lake District and will then consider a more disciplined approach. Consider is the operative word here!

All the best.

   

 

 

16 comments:

  1. Very jealous!

    Also, I hadn't twigged until I saw your map that Newcastle-upon-Tyne has been part of your tour. Jealous about that too. I used to live there - before it got vamped up. It was a long time ago but I still feel homesick for the town, the people and the drama of the countryside around it. Even the cold!

    Happy New Year Adrian. I have an irrational sense that 2010 will be a good one and wish you all the best.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, thanks and the same to you. Hexham was where I meant to pop the wee star, went past Newcastle, but was short of an interpreter. We used to dock in Hartlepool, was the ladies who were vamped up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a happy new year Adrian may you and Molly have many more miles of open road to cover and photogrph in 2010, looking forward to some pics of the Lakes, never been there so it will be a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Tony and the same to you. Plenty of places for me to mis spell in the Lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice images. I have found some nice photos from 2007 and 2008 that I would like to use in my blogs but last night was a bad night for me and I didn't get much rest. Most of the time I had one coughing fit after another. I thought I would try to just say, "thanks" to those who stopped today. I appreciate the comments, visits and prayers. I hope things will get back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abe so do I. You look after yourself and if you can't, fly to the UK, whatever you hear we do a fair job, OK some die but that is normal. Just take care and make sure you get your allotted time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Adrian and Molly.
    A lovely collection of photographs of your travels.
    The Lake District will provide you with the ideal settings so I look forward to some fantastic photographs. Wish I was up that way as I love the Lakes and Dales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to the Lake District, I've always imagined that if ever I went there I would be inspired to write poetry. Don't think I wrote a single poem in 2009, the stars weren't aligned for it or something. Any other awards other than Pub of the Year?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Adrian

    Just popping by to say thanks for your interest and support in the past. Also, to wish you a very happy and successful New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another good round up Adrian.

    I hope the weather is kind for your trip north. Take care mate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Know how to spell because I have A line that comes under any misspell words, but when I wright in my native tongue all my words have squiggly lines under them even cadair, but you as an English person could not tell if my words are misspelt. so here gows without the outo spell cheker, Windurmere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ps, and I still want to see a photo of Lake Windermere
    and that is a mis spell too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done a great job Adrian! Thanks so much for sharing your travels - I truly enjoy seeing what you will bring to us each day.

    I hope the New Year is treating you and Molly kindly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny, thanks it will get better, heading north but stopped by snow so will get going again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - you have been busy. Love the firework shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angie, thanks. This is a composite of four images, all shot within the same hour. Only London can afford to fire more than one at a time! Thanks to you and tour fellow birders I'm very slowly learning that there is a whole new dimension to my travels. A much harder one photographically than fireworks!

    ReplyDelete