ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Monday 3 August 2009

JOHN CALVERT (01/08/09)

Sunny spells in between prolonged showers was the order of the day, my project was to photograph a famous locomotive The Sir Nigel Greesley, never saw it for rain but an interesting walk round the valley non the less. The scenery is totally different to home with wooded valleys giving way to bleak moorland.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA FROM GOATHLAND MOOR TO TWO HOWES RIG.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA STONE FOOTBRIDGE.....several of these in woodland which is predominantly Oak and Mountain Ash.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA STILL WET

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA PAINTED LADY?......Dozens of these, all dinning on thistles and in the rain too.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA KESTREL...... The third of the day, or possibly the same one three times.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA KESTREL DEPARTING.....The only reason for this is the fact that for once it's almost in focus, must practice more, plenty of rooks and seagulls to hone my skills on.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAJOHN CALVERT...... Good job I don't get a plaque every time I fall asleep. Seriously, I found this quite moving and a beautiful place to depart this earth. Lucky fellow!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERANo idea who he was but I like to think of him as an old shepherd.

That's all, hope to get these out on a more regular basis. First time in a week with both Internet and mobile phone, and so much to catch up on. All the best.

6 comments:

  1. Ahh you're back. I see I have some posts to catch up on. I especially love the gate shot. I soooo wish I had some of your rain.

    I'm on my lunch breat at work so will catch up some more at home. Some of the shots I skimmed through are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly is a Painted Lady Adrian. Lots about at the moment. Counted 21 this morning in about 10 minutes while walking Jim.

    The picture of the gate, 'Still Wet'; big thumbs up from me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I love the gate shot. Seems you're enjoying yourself. Keep the photos coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The North York Moors are certainly a beautiful area .. have driven across them but not actually explored the region. Try and visit the Dales - so wild and untamed .

    ReplyDelete
  5. John was a roadman and had been at work on the Whitby - Pickering road, spreading whinstone. His body was not found until the following day. He regularly tended the greens at Goathland Golf Club.
    http://www.nymstones.uku.co.uk/index.html
    But he might have been a shepherd in his spare time if it suits your romantic soul, Adrian!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks one and all, when I get free access to cyber space I shall have a wet day catching up. sitting in a layby being rocked by the traffic. 3G working.

    ReplyDelete