ABOUT ME

I live in a camper van with a West Highland Terrier for company.
My passion is creating images but it is a work in progress.
I am always willing to share what knowledge I have and can be contacted through the comments on this post or e-mail ADRIAN
ALL IMAGES WILL ENLARGE WITH A LEFT CLICK

Wednesday 19 August 2009

IS ADVEHO UT IS QUISNAM EXPECTO (18/08/09)

greencartspan2  DAWN OVER THE NORTH TYNE VALLEY.......and an inversion. Not the best dawn but OK, mist, big sky, colour. Millions of midges. Breakfast for the Swallows, stoking up for their long flight to Africa. I was breakfast for the midges. All in all the morning was showing a sort of symmetry.

What a difference a day makes, hence the title......'It comes to he who waits', or at least I'm led to believe by Molly that that is what it says. Reading the source of all my knowledge on 'What the Romans did for us', I find that there is another wall north of me, The Antonine Wall..Don't panic it runs from Glasgow to Edinburgh and I have no intention of stopping anywhere on that corridor. It just explains Molly's grasp of Latin, her ancestors spoke it!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   POWER CABLE OH!... AND SWALLOWS.......No idea what the wee chap on the right is doing, most likely got a midge somewhere unpleasant. I know I had.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  MISTY    OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA             SUNBEAMS.......Alright, not the most distinct sunbeams but sunbeams non the less.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     A DOZEN SWALLOWS OH!... AND A BARN........Now I just know you are not going to believe this.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA      DUCK POND.......Rain again, even the ducks have found shelter, good job there are no Cormorants, poor devils would never get their wings dry.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA DRIPS AND DROPS.....If we get a few rather weird images that's because I'll have forgotten that the camera was set to 1000 ISO to freeze these drops. Could be like it for days knowing me.

ducks1OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA     DUCKS BACK OUT, ROWAN IN FRUIT/BERRY/HIP...Whatever it is they have, probably hawes. Just love that duckling centre right. Scruffy little devil!

Today was going to be a two fort day, more likely turn into a two whiskey day....Two bottles that is!  Before I go I looked up Haltwhistle, as I suspected not much has happened since the Romans left, apart from the internet. if you have time check this out. kind of cute; (You may have to wait for the audio to load).

As it's still Roman country I'll sign off with: Die dulce fruimini, totus optimus.*

*Have a nice day, all the best.

6 comments:

  1. Love the Latin touch. Love the misty photos even more than the Latin though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Adrian, and very educational too, what with all that Latin lol
    The misty shot.......love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the old barn and the duck pond. You have rain and we have 112 degree temp. The berries are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Adrian. You're doing a great job of keeping us up to date.

    Love the mist and the sunbeams - yes, I think they're pretty good sunbeams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks one and all, don't start quoting my Latin! Likely worse than my English.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have really enjoyed catching up on your wanderings. Beautiful photos and I love your narrative. This is an area of the country I have never visited.

    ReplyDelete